Membership levels and benefits
As a business or property owner in the Meatpacking District you are part of a community. Businesses locate here because of the creative dynamic that flourishes within these few blocks on Manhattan’s far west side. With the continuous growth of the neighborhood, there has never been a better time to join the membership of more than 200 restaurants, retailers, corporate headquarters, designers, other area businesses and local property owners.
Membership dues are an investment in your neighborhood, and are tax deductible because MPIA is a 501c3 non-‐profit. Your dues enable MPIA's marketing and PR efforts on behalf of the district, as well as our organization’s work in the revitalization, maintenance and management of the seven public plazas along Ninth Avenue from 14th Street to Gansevoort Street. These public spaces help to increase the desirability of the area, creating designated and appealing spaces for visitors and employees of the district to gather, sit and enjoy our community. It's a proven fact that the longer patrons stay in any given area, the more money is spent in that area. Our ability to provide a clean and vibrant area for shoppers to engage in the district affects your bottom line.
Membership dues are based on a calendar year, and 2013 benefits include:
- Red Map – Businesses that are open to the public are eligible for red map placement – a neighborhood staple and a visitor's must-have. 80,000 copies are distributed throughout the district and hotels citywide. Maps are printed once a year in August, and released in time for Fashion’s Night Out.
- Website Listing – Inclusion on this interactive. Members can change their listing at any time, and include logos, picture and links.
- The Hook-Up – MPIA's incentive program for Meatpacking District employees. Tap into a new source of customers and expand your employee benefits program by providing your staff a passport to exclusive savings and incentives from our membership.
- Newsletter Contribution – Contribute to the bi-monthly MPIA e-newsletter to promote your business’ sales, developments, events and more. This is your chance to tap into the local community of businesses, employees, residents and property owners.
- District Marketing Materials – Eligibility to be included in District-wide marketing materials such as the Fashion’s Night Out Guide, Holiday Gift Guide and others throughout the year.
- Social Media – The MPIA will help promote your business through our growing social media platforms.
- MPIA Sponsored Events – Eligibility to participate in MPIA sponsored events, including Fashion’s Night Out, Harvest Fest and additional events added throughout the year.
- Invites – Receive invitations to premium programming, quarterly neighborhood-‐ networking events and exclusive events at our member businesses.
- Cross Promotional Program – The MPIA will help match you to another member and develop a cross promotion.
- Window Decal – Show your Meatpacking District pride with the MPIA window decal.
- Advocate and Inform – The MPIA will keep you informed about relevant issues affecting the neighborhood. We monitor proposed bills and legislation that may affect businesses and our community, so that you can take thoughtful, articulate positions to protect your business interests.
- Community Liaison – The MPIA provides ways to participate in the community by linking your organization with ways to give back and get involved. We leverage our relationships with local electeds and the Community Board, and can act as a direct link to them for your business.
The MPIA is the conduit that makes networking with your neighbors easier. It also provides your business with exposure through special events, a marketing and PR platform for the district, and provisions for a clean and safe neighborhood. We look forward to working with you!
*MPIA is a 501c3 public charity and membership dues are tax deductible.
Download the Meatpacking District Map
- Food and Drinks, Shopping, Hotels, Galleries, Salons, and more.