23 Ways to Kick-Start 2023
Dear New Yorkers,
We decided to jump into the new year with a love letter listing our top winter ways to start fresh, enjoy the neighborhood, and embrace beginnings. Our selections range from classic NYC happenings to brand new community offerings. Free on a Saturday afternoon? Take a stroll along the High Line. Looking for a sweet sip during Dry January? Check out the Coffee + Cocktails mocktail menu. If you’re feeling extra ambitious and resolute, go for the gold and hit all 23 spots on our list of ways to kick-start 2023!
Explore our compilation below (in alphabetical order- except for the last one 😉).
1. Avail yourself of a night at the Atlantic Theater Company with the world premiere musical Cornelia Street by Tony Award winner Simon Stephens.
2. Bring growth into your home with a rare potted plant from local plant paradise, The Old Yew Plant Shop.
3. Brunch your Sunday away at New York’s Parisian paradise, Pastis.
4. Build your strength and ignite your workouts with a Liftonic fitness class.
5. Celebrate the Lunar New Year with Pearl River Mart gift boxes and events.
6. Connect with your body and mind with free yoga classes led by Chelsea Piers in Chelsea Market’s Maker Space Studio.
7. Dive into being extra this winter with Extra Dirty Happy Hour at The Standard.
8. Enjoy a Black Seed bagel at the recently reopened local hotspot.
9. Explore Edward Hopper’s New York on exhibit at the Whitney Museum of American Art.
10. Get cozy at Discolo, a speakeasy style- intimate cocktail club located underneath Al Coro on 10th Avenue.
11. Go galactic at the Google Store, the first ever physical retail space selling hardware and software from the technology giant.
12. Hone your honey palette with a visit to Zach and Zoey’s Sweet Bee Farm stand.
13. Level up your non-alcoholic nightlife with Sober Happy Hour presented by Absence of Proof x Bumble and the James Beard Foundation at Kobrick Coffee.
14. Lunch at Mel’s this February with the launch of their daytime menu.
15. Peruse the Louis Vuitton x Yayoi Kusama pop-up on Gansevoort Street’s west side.
16. Ring in the Year of the Rabbit with regional Chinese dishes and house-made noodles at Hao Noodle.
17. Savor a seasonal Swedish saffron or cardamom bun at Fabrique Bakery on 14th Street.
18. Shop All Saints Spring Collection, “Love, My Way” to escape in your own individual way, whether that be with a little retail therapy and/or a whole new look.
19. Step into a euphoric color universe with the Pantone Color of the Year, Viva Magenta, with MAGENTAVERSE at ARTECHOUSE. Starting January 20th.
20. Sip on mint mocha hot chocolate at Maman on Washington Street.
21. Stroll through the newest exhibit at Gallery 23 NY, and enjoy their curation of local emerging artists.
22. Walk the High Line in winter to experience revived horticulture, architectural expansion, and a bird’s eye view of the greatest city on Earth.
23. Discover the district with no agenda. One of our favorite things about the neighborhood is that once you step in, you’ve got everything you need. Sometimes no plan is the best plan.
To a new year of thriving, building, and exploration!
WHILE YOU’RE HERE…